🌞🌞🤩 I can’t stop smiling :). I tried this! 293 to 114… I did this 🍒
Low-Carb Rainbow Chard & Sausage Hash
Ingredients (makes 2 servings)
- 200 g Swiss chard or dark-leaf kale (7.1 oz)
- 2 cups cauli-rice (240 g/ 8.5 oz)
- 150 g gluten-free sausage meat (5.3 oz)
- 3 tbsp ghee or lard, you can make your own ghee (45 g/ 1.6 oz)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard (you can make your own)
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Top with 4 poached eggs (2 per serving)
Note: Recipe makes 2 regular servings or up to 4 small servings.
- Start by preparing the vegetables. You can find details on how to “rice” the cauliflower here. When done, set aside.
- Then cut the stalks of the chard off and chop into small pieces.
- Place the sausage meat in a large pan greased with a tablespoon of the ghee and cook until browned from all sides. When cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer into a bowl.
- Add the remaining ghee to the pan. Peel and finely chop the garlic and place into the pan. Cook for just about a minute or until fragrant. Then, add the cauli-rice and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes. Stir to prevent burning.
- Then add the chard stalks, Dijon mustard, …
- … lemon juice, and cook for another 2 minutes while stirring. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix until well combined.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop the chard leaves and add to the pan. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- When done, add the cooked sausage, mix and take off the heat. Top with poached or fried eggs.